Do you remember the time when they were a simple…
It has been awhile since I shared a recipe with you and this is one that I have been talking about on Twitter, and sharing on Instagram for awhile so thought it was about time I actually wrote it down. This should be renamed “It’s 5pm and mum has no idea what to do for dinner so has slung all these random ingredients together and called it Chicken and Chorizo Risotto”. But I have to say it is super tasty, very healthy, and a complete doddle to cook. Even for the world’s worst cook like me
Chicken and Chorizo Risotto
Quick and easy chicken and chorizo risotto
Author: Tanya Barrow
Recipe type: Simple Dinner
- One Sage Appliances Multi Cooker
- Packet of diced chicken
- One whole chorizo, cut into chunky slices
- One box of Arborio risotto rice
- Four cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Teaspoon of chopped freshly chillies (optional)
- One onion, chopped
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms, chopped
- Pack of fresh peas/sugar snap peas/chopped green beans
- Litre of vegetable stock (you can put a glug of white wine if you are cooking for adults)
- Bag of fresh spinach
- Sling the onions, mushrooms, garlic, chicken and chorizo into the Multi Cooker and saute until browned. Add chillies if using.
- Pour on rice and stir.
- Switch to risotto setting on Multi Cooker.
- Add liquid and stir again
- Add fresh vegetables (except spinach)
- Place lid on and leave to cook until multi cooker tells you it is finished.
- Add spinach on top so that it wilts from the steam
Now admittedly you might not have item one on that list of ingredients but I can highly recommend you get one. Not only does it do risotto that will wow your family but it does it all by itself. You don’t have to stand over a pan stirring for ages. I must admit that I actually have no clue how you make risotto “normally” but I have heard plenty of people moaning about how difficult it is to get right and how you have to stand and stir for ages. With this you don’t.
And when you are not making risotto to amaze your guests it is also a slow cooker that can be used for all sorts of other amazing dinners. Or making mulled wine in when you go away to a cottage for Christmas. But who would do that?! *stares at feet*
I have had mine for about a year now and I can honestly say that I use it every week because basically it saves my ass from mucking up another dinner. Which happens a lot. You can get your paws on one in Lakeland, John Lewis or their website
So there you have it. Chicken and chorizo risotto. Done.