Author: Tanya Barrow
Recipe type: Cake
- 1 Sage Appliances Multi Cooker
- 4 Digestive biscuits
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8oz cream cheese (not with chives and onions. I made that mistake once. Trust me. Not good)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp strawberry (or raspberry) jam
- Fresh strawberries to garnish
- Two ramekins
- Start by lightly greasing the ramekins
- Put the biscuits in a food processor until they are fine breadcrumbs. Or into a plastic bag and beat the heck out of it with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan (or microwave) and add the biscuit crumbs to the butter.
- Line the base of the two ramekins with the biscuit mixture
- Put jam, egg, honey and cream cheese in food processor and blend until it resembles batter.
- Pour on top of the biscuit bases
- Pour about 200 mls of water into the base of the cooker pot
- Lower ramekins in gently ensuring the water doesnt splash (water should be about half way up the ramekins, top up if needed)
- Put the lid on and cook on low for about 2 hours, or until cheesecake is set.
- Take the lid off and leave to cool for an hour
- Place in fridge for 2 hours until cold and firm.
Recipe by Mummy Barrow at http://www.mummybarrow.com/strawberry-cheesecake-slow-cooker-style/