Now that my recipes are award winning… what? You didn’t know? Oh yes dear reader. Remember my strawberry cheesecake recipe? Well it won a competition run by Netmums: Slow Cooked Strawberry Cheesecake AND is set to be mentioned in a national newspaper on Thuraday, complete with the picture in took. Uh huh. I KNOW.
Maybe I can cook after all. Okay so cook is a word that should be used loosely. I can assemble things.
Which is why I am sharing this little beauty with you today. My recipe for strawberry, blueberry and raspberry frozen yogurt.
- 600g of fruit, I have used strawberry, raspberries and blueberries but you can mix your own soft fruits
- 160g of caster sugar
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2tsps of creme de cassis (you could use rum or kirsch or just not bother)
- 400g of plain Greek yogurt (not the no fat variety but low fat is fine)
- Wash, hull and cut fruit in small chunks and place in a bowl
- Cover with sugar and alcohol (if using)
- Put a tea towel over the bowl and leave at room temperature for an hour or two, stirring a couple of times.
- Transfer contents of bowl to a food processor, add the lemon juice and yogurt and blitz until smooth
- If you dont want any pips you can then push the mix through a sieve.
- Put it in your ice cream maker on the frozen yogurt setting and freeze
Now clearly I am using our Sage Appliances ice cream maker because it not only makes the most incredible ice cream but it even plays the ice cream van tune when your dessert is ready. Well of course it does. Heston designed it. Don’t believe me? Watch this:
This is one of the simplest, healthiest and most importantly tastiest desserts you can make. There is so much fruit around at the moment that it is almost rude not to, don’t you think?
I wonder what else I can put into frozen yogurt on the grounds it is healthy? Rum and raisin?
What would you put in yours?