we are off. Well not yet we aren't. Not for…
So watches have been synchronized and the “publish” button has been hit. We can tell you about the #SecretThing. And the fact that it is not really called that but really is called #GoodWork.
So I am not going to beat about the bush
I am not going to delay any longer
Drag this out or make you wait
Nope. I am not going make you scroll through the post to find the vital bit of info you are hunting for, buried in a paragraph in size 6 font.
I am just going to come out and tell you what it is.
What this thing of epic proportions might be.
It’s Ghana baby. Yep. Ghana in Africa. 48 hours with Comic Relief, live blogging and tweeting from four projects out there to show just what they have done with all your donations over the past 25 years of Red Nose Day. Showing you the #goodwork they have done since 1988 and how some of the millions raised has been used to support projects in Africa.
On Tuesday, the 25th anniversary itself, we will be live from a vaccine project with a top celeb doing some live TV and radio, covering it on social media.
We are actually visiting four projects during the trip and we will fill you in on those between now and flying on Sunday but what is important now you have that information, is you. Yes you, looking shifty at the back.
We need you. We would love to have your support of this whilst we are out there. To keep an eye out for our tweets, for our blogs, for our Facebook updates and to share them. To get them circulating amongst your networks. To spread the word of the really #goodwork that Comic Relief have done in the past quarter of a century.
It is all a bit surreal and all a bit “woah” as there is so much to organise on a practical and emotional level but if we know you are behind us then I think we can do this.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN IN?
TEAM HONK is our collaborative site. Do go visit. All updates will be there.
- We would love to send you a digital postcard from our adventures, to share on your blog. Just email and let us know if you would especially like to hear about the bakery, the school, the vaccine project or the mental health project. First come, first served!
- Please look out for and share our posts and videos and your postcards on your social networks #goodwork @aresidence @mammasaurusblog @mummybarrow
- Look out for more from the amazing blogging networks who are supporting us @Britmums, @Netmums, @Mumsnetbloggers and @Tots100.
- Britmums have a Twitter party on Tues 5 Feb at 11am #goodwork please do join in if you can and spread the word.
- Check out Comic Relief’s social media:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rednoseday
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/officialrednoseday
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/rednoseday/ and the 25 Years board is here: http://pinterest.com/rednoseday/25-years-of-red-nose-day/
Instagram - http://instagram.com/rednoseday
Although this bit is about celebrating #goodwork, when we get back we plan to do lots of funny stuff for money, to FUNRAISE and FUNDRAISE. We’d love to have you on #TEAMHONK. More on that on our return