Don’t look at me like that. This is an actual thing. And not only that but it is an actual thing that I made over the weekend. Partly because I was pulling the face that you probably are now when I heard about it and partly because today is the start of #NationalChocolateWeek and I am off chocolate
And therefore cake / biscuits / sausage rolls / bread
AND ALL THE THINGS I LOVE AND NEED IN MY LIFE ON A THREE TIMES A DAY BASIS.
By trying it out I could then report back to you and let you know if it really is the most revolting thing ever, and to avoid it at all costs, or if it is surprisingly edible, and not as bonkers as you might think. You see, I am good like that.
I can report back that whilst it wouldn’t win any prices for a chocolate cake on the taste front, it is certainly edible. And if you are trying to eat healthily whilst still needing to satisfy an urge to eat chocolate cake it does win
Even if it is totally mad.
- Large tin of kidney beans
- 5 eggs
- 150g coconut oil
- 15 dates, roughly chopped
- 1tbs vanilla extract
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 12 raspberries or 6 cherries, pitted and halved
- Except for the raspberries or cherries, put everything into a high powered food processor such as a Thermomix and blitz everything until it resembles cake batter. In a Thermomix this was four minutes on speed 6
- Pour into a 20cm cake tin that you have greased and lined with greaseproof paper
- Dot cherries/raspberries over the top of the mixture
- Bake for 30 mins at 150c
If you make it, do let me know what you think of it!