If you love Crunchies then you will LOVE these Crunchie Squares which are simple to make in a Thermomix. One of the 75 reasons I love it!
I don’t know, you wait your whole week for a Thermomix recipe from me and then two come along at once. Or maybe you haven’t been waiting all week and this has just come as a pleasant surprise.
Suffice to say on Sunday I had an afternoon to spend in the kitchen. Baking things makes me happy so is something I am trying to do a bit more of. Though how this sits with me trying to walk and lose weight is anybody’s guess. Caity and I went to Sainsburys to buy supplies for this baking session and ended up spending £35 and cramming 19,000 calories into one carrier bag. So whilst I am losing Pounds, they are the wrong ones.
Malesh as they say in Arabic.
On to the Crunchie Squares
- 250g packet of Digestives
- 100 g Butter
- Small tin of Condensed milk
- 4 Crunchie bars
- 150g milk chocolate
- Put biscuits in Thermomix and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 9 until you have breadcrumbs.
- Pour biscuits into a bowl and set aside.
- Put butter and condensed milk into Thermomix
- Heat on 50 degrees, speed 2 for 3 minutes
- Pour the biscuit crumbs into the butter mixture.
- On reverse speed 2 mix for 30 seconds
- Roughly chop 3 of the Crunchie bars and stir into Thermomix bowl.
- Pour the mix into a 20cm square baking tray lined with baking paper
- Put chocolate into Thermomix on Speed 5 for 10 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl and melt at 50 degrees, speed 2 for 4 minutes
- Pour chocolate over the Crunchie mix in the tin.
- Roughly chop remaining Crunchie bar and sprinkle over tin.
- Put into fridge to harden
If you don’t have a Thermomix you can easily adapt the recipe to do this in a saucepan.
Huge thanks to Caity for the pic above. We made these just before her and Dan left on Sunday so I sent them home with her with strict instructions to email me pics before they got scoffed in the office.