It is also National Dog Biscuit Day and National Toast Day but I figured that you might not need a recipe for either of those. Well not from me anyway. What I thought you might need though is a recipe for banana bread in case you wanted to join in with National Banana Bread Day. And let’s face it, who wouldn’t? It is blowing a gale out there today so if ever there was a day to stay at home and drink tea and eat cake, this would be it.
So here goes:
- 40g butter (room temperature works best)
- 180g soft brown sugar
- 3 bananas
- 1 egg
- 250 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs milk
- 50g dessicated coconut
- Walnuts and a sprinkle of sugar for the topping
- Preheat oven to 180. Line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Place butter, sugar, egg and banana in the Thermomix bowl and mix on 10 seconds on speed 5
- Scrape down sides.
- Add flour, baking powder, coconut and milk
- Mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Pour mix into loaf tin
- Sprinkle sugar and walnuts on top
- Cook for 40 minutes on 180
Could that be any more simple? No. I think not.