So there I was an hour ago, minding my own business when this Tweet appeared:
How did I not know it was International Waffle Day?! Waffles are my favourite thing. Look I even have a waffle board on Pinterest (I told you yesterday that Pinterest is my new favourite thing, didn’t I)
Sadly it would appear the Recipe plug in doesnt want that board above to be embedded so if you want to go hunt the waffles you will need to click on the link, and not the pic I am afraid. (and thank you for looking).
Here is how to make these gorgeous waffles.
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup of coconut oil (mine is solid so I grabbed a fist full and shoved in the cup until it looked about full)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Raspberries and coconut to decorate.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
- In a jug mix together all the other ingredients
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until it looks like a thick batter.
What’s not to love?!
Of course I made them in my trusty Sage Appliances Smart Waffle and quite frankly why would you have any other waffle machine? 🙂
You could even add a dollop of ice cream for a really decadent dessert.