It is probably around now that you are getting home from picking up children from school and asking the question “what did you do at school today?” Or waiting for your other half to come home from work and you will ask the same of them.
I am interested though in what you did today. Does anybody ever really ask you that? No, I thought not.
So please tell me. This is not a competition to see who has done the most, I am just as interested in “I did bugger nothing, apart from read my book and eat chocolate all day” type responses. If that is you, I love you. What was the name of the book, and which chocolate bar was it?
Me? Well below is what I have done so far:
- Worked: booking jobs for my main client, answered numerous emails, returned calls and been involved in a deposit dispute.
- Taken son back to boarding school which is a two hour round trip, talked to Matron and one of the some of the other parents.
- Sorted out back to school essentials for daughter (why is it kids need a new pencil case EVERY term?)
- Done some washing up
- Loaded the washing machine / tumble drier / dishwasher (though admittedly not as much as Mr B has done today, nor have I emptied them)
- Had a major meltdown when the phone line at home fell over and my dongle wouldn’t work either so I had to decamp to Starbucks. Which then gave me a headache because it was so loud.
- Ironed for an hour, including eight of Mr B’s work shirts.
- Tweeted. Do I even need to include this in the list? It is like saying “blinked and breathed in and out”.
- Sort out some birthday stuff for a certain son who is 16 on Friday.
- Spoke to two of my Victim Support clients.
So there you have it. My day in a nutshell. Bit of a mixed bag really.
That was mine, how was yours?