A few weeks ago I cheekily asked for donations a raffle that my dad was organising as part of this year’s village fete. I had no idea that I was going to get THE most amazing prizes and I promised I would say some thank yous.
First of all though, thank you to all the lovely people who came along and bought tickets on the day, meaning that this year was better than ever.
The raffle alone raised £800 and the whole fete raised over £2,500.
An EXTRAORDINARY figure. And all for an amazingly worthy cause called Hope for Tomorrow
If you don’t know the charity, they take chemotherapy treatment closer to home for cancer sufferers. Travelling to and from hospital for cancer treatment must add extra stress and no doubt expense to the daily list of worries for not only the patient but their families. These units are able to get closer to the patients and allow them to be treated at home. It also shortens the waiting time for treatment in some cases.
It is such a great idea, but they are obviously rely heavily on charitable donations. This money is going make a big difference and so if you donated, or RT’ed my Tweets asking for help I would like to say a big thank you to you too.
I would also like to thank the following
- Thorpe Park who donated a family ticket
- @sharonmacbeth on Twitter who made the most beautiful patchwork cushions
- Helen from Knackered Mutha’s Wine Club for the wine (do watch Titchmarsh on ITV as she is now their resident wine expert!
- Henley Literary Festival for tickets (do check out their website as it starts this week and have a fantastic line up of events)
- Alison Barrow at Transworld Books who sent some signed copies of local author Rachel Joyce who wrote my favourite book about Harold Fry and recently Perfect. Do read them, I highly recommend both of them.
- Laura Virgoe gave me a beautiful goodie bag of My Secret Kitchen items.
- Lovely Emma Mitchell for her voucher for a bespoke piece of handmade silver jewellery. Do look at her website, her pieces are beautiful. And she loves doing one off commissions (hint hint Mr B)
- Elwira who sent some great books
- Jocelyn is a Phoenix Cards Trader and sent a great bundle of cards. Phoenix cards are gorgeous and with Christmas around the corner they have some great Christmas cards, advent calendars and wrap.
- And last but not least @von_raven_wing on Twitter made a beautiful window decoration
Thank you everybody, your generosity has made a massive difference.
Same time next year?