are what make me happiest. Isn’t that true for all of us? It’s the simple things that make us smile. That reassert our joy to be alive.
I realised this whilst out walking dog one evening this week. Walking him in just a t-shirt (me, not him) for the first time this year and being so pleased that I didn’t have to put on boots to stop me falling over, gloves to stop frostbite, a scarf etc etc. It made my heart sing as I wandered off with him at 10pm and didn’t arrive home again wet and cold.
And as I wandered back, swinging a poo bag nonchalantly, I started thinking about the other things that make me happy
- Putting a whole load of washing on the line and bringing it in, dry, an hour later
- Opening an window to let in some fresh air because it is such a lovely day
- Looking out of clean windows
- Hearing waves crashing
- Seeing my children having fun
- Watching spring arrive in the garden as the flowers push their way through
- Sitting on our bench with a cup of tea in the sun for ten minutes
- Reading a book on the sofa for half an hour with no interruptions
- A lie in ( I don’t know why I am putting this here, it never happens)
- Cooking food that everybody demolish, not push round a plate (that doesn’t happen often either)
- Birds singing
What about you?
What’s on your “Things that make me go oooohhhhh” list?