Yep, you got that right. Not can’t cook, won’t cook. Just can’t cook, can’t cook. My inability to cook is legendary so anything I do cook needs to be fairly idiot proof.
Like my chicken pie. I made this for the first time in ages last month and thought “hmm this is so simple yet so fabulous I need to blog the recipe”.
So here it is, told you it was simple
- Left over chicken, about a handful per person
- Left over vegetables, same quantities
- In the absence of left over veg use a bag of frozen mixed veg
- 2 x Campbell's Condensed chicken soup cans
- Ready to roll shortcrust pastry
- Put the chicken and veg in a saucepan and add the soup.
- Stir until vaguely bubbling
- Place all of that in a pie dish
- Cover with pastry
- Cook for about 40 mins on 180 degrees
I am telling you, you can’t go wrong.
You can add some chopped fried onion if you want. Or some chopped mushrooms. Or even a tin of sweetcorn.
The point is, whatever you have lying around, throw it in and add the soup as the sauce and shove a pastry lid on it. If you are feeling really culinary you can egg wash it before slamming it in the oven for 40 ish minutes.
Serve with mashed potatoes
Or if you are exhausted after all that effort, chip shop chips.