Yep, you read that right. Chicken Thing. You might know it as paprika chicken but in our house it is known as chicken thing.
I am going to let you into a little family secret. This is one of our favourite recipes and if you have ever been invited for dinner at our house, you will have had this.
And I am now about to blow it by showing you how easy it is to make. Mr B likes people to think it takes him all night when he makes it but it really it isnt that complicated.
Okay it is when he does it because he does it properly with added green veg as an accompaniment, along with rice that is cooked to perfection. When Mr B does it, it is Paprika Chicken.
When I am stumped as to what to do for dinner and have 3 minutes to sling something together, it is Chicken Thing. With Uncle Bens microwave rice.
- Cubed chicken (though you can use whole breasts if you prefer)
- Butter for frying
- 300ml tub of Creme Fraiche
- peppers and coriander for garnish
- Melt a large knob of butter in a frying pan
- Add a large amount of paprika (I don't measure it but about half a jar is about right)
- Mix together and then add the chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink
- Add tub of creme fraiche and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer to large oven proof dish with lid.
- Add chopped red peppers to top of dish and place in oven to cook
Serve with rice.
If you have time then brown rice is fabulous, along with some warm mange tout or cooked cherry tomatoes but if you don’t have time then white rice is fine .
Put in front of your guests with a big “ta dah”.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock