Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream Recipe
I decided to make this ice cream for Jonnie’s birthday as they are a sweet he likes (unlike the metre long tube of jelly beans I bought him for his birthday. Oops) and I thought it might be a bit different.
Can I make Ferrero Rocher Ice cream?
Yes, yes you can! It is a really simple ice cream to make, needs only a few ingredients and will make people say “Oh my god it tastes just like it”. Be warned though it doesn’t go very hard, it really is a soft scoop ice cream so will resemble chocolate mousse when you put it in a bowl. I made this in my Sage Appliances Smart Scoop but you can mix all the ingredients together and then put it straight into a tub and into the freezer, stirring every couple of hours. But if you want it to be super creamy then it does work best in an ice cream machine.
- 600ml double cream
- 8 egg yolks (use the whites to make a chocolate pavlova to go with it)
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g Nutella
- 10 Ferrero Rocher
- Blitz Ferrero Rocher in food processor until crumbs
- Soften the Nutella in the microwave for 45 seconds and leave to cool slightly
- Whip the cream until it is stiff
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until it is creamy
- Combine all ingredients together until it resembles chocolate mousse
- Put in ice cream maker and churn as per instructions
Serve with pavlova if you have time to make one (great way to use up those left over egg whites), or just in a cone, with a Ferrero Rocher on top.
And there you have it.
Do share pics with me if you make it!