Lazy chicken, ciabatta and green bean tray bake is a really simple and quick supper.
Since lockdown our days have been much more lazy, more laid back and less clock watching. Whilst I still get up at the same time every day, and go to bed at the same time, the hours in between just merge and before I know it it’s 5pm and keen to get in front of the TV to listen to the latest daily briefing. And whilst there are some days that I find cooking the evening meal the only thing I want to do all day, devoting hours to it, there are other days when I want to just fling some ingredients together and not have to worry about it.
The beauty of this “Chicken, Ciabatta, potato and green bean bake” is that can you chuck pretty much anything you like into it. Tenderstem broccoli instead of beans? No problem. Got some mushrooms that need using? Throw them in whole. This is perfect for when we are in lockdown and can’t get out to shop very often. And an excellent dinner to cook in my granny’s baking tin.
- 4 chicken breasts (or thighs with skin on if you prefer those)
- Half a ciabatta loaf, broken into chunks
- 150g green beans
- 6 small new potatoes cut into three
- 5 cloves of garlic, dont peel them
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes
- 50ml of olive oil
- 100ml of white wine
- 50g of spinach or mixed baby leaves
- 75g cooked peas
- Place the ciabatta, beans, potatoes, garlic and chilli into a baking tray
- Drizzle with olive oil and wine and mix until all combined.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place chicken on top, drizzle with oil
- Roast for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through
- Once cooked remove chicken from tray and place on separate plate
- Find garlic cloves and squeeze garlic from the peel and break up so it's not in clumps
- Add spinach and peas to dish and thoroughly stir through.
- Spoon onto four dinners plates and place chicken breast on top of each plate