I can hardly believe I am starting a rant about chocolates but rant I shall, for this is Ranty Friday.
This week I treated myself (I wish Treats would come back. If only so I can tell my joke: How do you get a peanut out of your ear? Pour in chocolate and it comes out a Treat. That joke doesn’t work with M&Ms) to a bag of Revels. I was in Tesco buying Minstrels for Mr B as the bag he bought me appeared to only have two in it <cough> and I spotted a bag of Revels. Feeling low as my foot was killing me I thought I would have a bag, a bottle of 7-up (diet, of course in light of teh chocolate purchases) and a sneaky read of Heat magazine before E got out of school.
So there I was, munching away. Idly throwing them in my mouth when what happens?
The unthinkable that’s what.
Something is in my mouth that makes me shudder. That makes me gag and spit it out into my hand. What is that? Is it something that has got into the bag by mistake? Some foreign body sneaking in during the manufacturing process?
It is a sodding raisin.
What in God’s name is that doing in my bag of Revels? It has to be a mistake.
But no. It is not. I check the back of the bag and it lists the different Revels;
Now I hate coffee but in a bag of Revels I will accept the coffee ones. I will not, however, accept raisins.
Where has the nut one gone? Or the coconut? Or even the strawberry.
What the hell is this raisin doing in there?
And another thing I am ranting about with Revels. I Googled them to check some facts and found they have their own website: Revels. You have to be 12 to enter the website. Why? What the heck are they talking about that a website devoted to chocolate has an age criteria?