International Waffle is today! 25th March and whilst everything around us seems to be changing I need to recognise days like this just to feel some semblance of normality, don’t you?
Since international Waffle Day also falls around Easter I decided a few years ago to combine the two and decided I would experiment a bit. Regular readers will know I am a huge fan of waffles and that this blog has loads of them, including these chocolate and coconut Bounty waffles. You know me, I do like to try and make things a bit “what on earth is that” and out of the ordinary so I thought I would have a go at making a waffle with Easter eggs IN them
Madness I know, and I thought it would be a complete disaster because the chocolate would melt all over the waffle machine. However, it didn’t. The batter rose and covered the chocolatey eggs, encasing them in waffly magic.
Why not give them a go, yourself?
- 300g of flour
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 430ml milk
- 5 drops vanilla essence
- 50g sugar
- Selection of mini chocolate eggs (clearly you need to remove any foil before using them)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender, except the mini eggs.
- Pour a cup full of batter into your prepared waffle maker
- Drop desired number of eggs into batter.
- Allow batter to rise slightly before closing lid
- Cook as per appliance instructions
I did two waffles with Cadburys mini eggs, two with Galaxy chocolate eggs rolled in gold, and two with a Creme Egg inside cut in half.
What do you think?
PS if you like all things Waffle, have you seen I have a Waffle board on Pinterest?
Follow Mummy Barrow’s board W has to be for Waffles on Pinterest.